Thursday, March 12, 2009

Consume Reconnection

Yesterday evening at Sprout Creek Farm P and I went to see a talk that was part of their "Rusty Bucket Series". On the schedule for the evening was Scott Ballum of Sheepless Co, a graphic designer out of Brooklyn, NY. He spoke a lot about his current project, Consume Reconnection, which he describes as "A year-long effort to meet the laborers and craftsmen who make anything and everything I buy."
From my perspective, this is a really creative, intriguing idea... one that sounds like it would be quite a challenge to sustain. The spirit of the project is not unlike what I'm doing here, at least in the respect that both are an attempt to reflect on what is consumed. If you have more interest in Scott's project, I'd suggest having a listen to his interview on NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment